A common initiative of economic associations and enterprises
Structure and Activities
The Committee on Eastern European Economic Relations was founded in 1952. It is a joint organisation of the leading associations representing German business. It is supported by the Federation of German Industries (BDI), the Association of German Banks (BdB), the German Insurance Association (GDV), the Foreign Trade Association of the German Retail Trade (AVE), as well as the German Confederation of Skilled Crafts (ZDH). Membership of the Committee on Eastern European Economic Relations is open to companies with interests in Russia, Central and Eastern Europe, South-East Europe, the Caucasian Republics and Central Asia.
The Committee on Eastern European Economic Relations comprises a Board of Management, the General Assembly and working groups. The Committee is managed by the Federation of German Industries. Chairman of the Committee is Prof. Dr. Eckhard Cordes. Prof. Dr. Rainer Lindner is the Executive Director of the Committee.
The Committee on Eastern European Economic Relations represents and pools the interests of German business in Germany and in the above countries. It supports and strengthens the growing economic ties with these countries and regions.
The Committee on Eastern European Economic Relations provides the following services:
- A network of contacts to government representatives and business associations in Germany and in Russia, Central and Eastern Europe, South-East Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia.
- Coordination of the institutionalised dialogue with the various governments (Cooperation Councils, working groups etc).
- Current information regarding economic developments in the relevant regions.
- Organisation of delegations, conferences, seminars with high-ranking government representatives and entrepreneurs from Russia, South-East Europe and the Caucasus, as well as from Central Asia.
Working Groups of the Committee on Eastern European Economic Relations:
- Central Asian Republics
- Caucasian Republics
- South-East Europe
- General financing - consulting and contract topics